Friday, October 10, 2008

Today is the first day of the rest of my blogging life

Yes, I finally did it. I am posting my first blog today and setting up my new etsy account so that I can then get over to Ravelry and get my patterns selling again. I am excited that I am finally going to take a Web class so soon I will also have my own web page. I have 28 patterns currently written that I will be selling - most of these are from Virginia where I was teaching many more knitting classes and doing a lot ot knitting workshops. Since our move to Minnesota, I have not had a class to teach although I did sell some patterns to a couple of local yarn stores. Mostly I have been trying to find knitting groups to join and finally have found a couple that I frequent regularly. I meet with a group on Thursdays at noon at the local Byerlys grocery store. It is a high-end grocery with a nice restaurant. We knit from 12-2 but also eat lunch while we are there. About 8 or 10 women seem to show up each week and we are really LOUD so they have stuck us back in the corner next to the kitchen. Almost every other Thursday around 1:45 the chef in the kitchen starts cooking something that resembles a cross between a dead fish and cooked cabbage or cauliflower and we sit there and make fun of how bad the stench can be.We think he might actually be making coleslaw but the air is sometimes unbreathable. Then of course you start to laugh because, really, who would put up with this? Only knitters who are completely determined to knit together!

No comments: